I have made these chicken nuggets a number of times and they come out perfect every time. Those of us who live on chicken braai packs know that there are always large pieces of chicken breasts that no one wants to eat. That is what gave birth to this recipe and it has become our favorite chicken recipe.
How I came up with this chicken nuggets recipe
I was inspired by Snoop dogs’ fried chicken recipe that uses potato chips for the crunch but didn’t have any so I decided to use cornflakes instead to get the same desired texture. Since then I always use cornflakes for all my fried chicken dishes. You can also use plain old bread crumbs too if you prefer.
I always soak the chicken in a little bit of seasoning and full cream or sour milk when we have a braai and have developed this technique for my fried chicken too. It comes out so tender and juice you would think you are chicken thigh while its a chicken breast.
Crispy Chicken Nuggets
- Frying pan
- Cooking oil
- 4 Chicken breasts chunks
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Chicken spice
- All purpose flour
- Cornflakes crushed
- 1 Egg
- Black pepper ground
- 1 cup Full cream milk or buttermilk
- Whisk together milk with the egg and soak the chicken for 45 minutes
- Heat cooking oil in a large pot, preferably non- stick.
- Whisk together the flour, corn flakes, and spices in a bowl.
- Remove the chicken in milk marinade and coat in the flour mixture. Make sure it is fully coated and set aside.
- Fry the chicken nuggets in hot oil until golden brown and crisp. Remove and place in a bowl with a kitchen paper towel to blot out access oil.
I have the nuggets as a side with french fries or with my South African style quesadillas. You can find the recipe here and I promise you will love it. You can have chicken nuggets with anything really, even as a snack if you are a meat lover like me. Enjoy.