This was my first time trying a gluten-free brownie recipe and was a bit skeptical about it. I don’t particularly enjoy anything gluten-free. There is no flour or butter used which is uncommon in baking.
Brownies have always been my favorite dessert so I had to try this one. Peanuts and Lindt chocolate are optional, you can even use chocolate chips if that is what you have. You can change things around and make it your own. You can substitute the almond flour for 2 tablespoons of coconut flour if you want to make a nut-free version of the recipe.
Gluten-Free Guilty-Free Brownies
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 6 tbsp almond flour
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup xylitol or stevia sweetener
- 35 g Lindt dark chocolate 70 percent
- 12 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence/extract
- salt pinch
- 50 g chopped nuts optional
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease an 8" x 4" loaf pan with cooking spray or butter and line with baking paper. In a medium-sized bowl, add almond flour, cocoa and a pinch of salt. Stir with a fork and make sure to remove any lumps and set aside. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, sweetner and vanilla using a whisk or electric beater until bubbly and fluffy. In a cup or double boiler, melt the chocolate and butter.
- Stir together the melted butter and chocolate into the eggs. Fold in the dry ingredients in the egg mixture. Scoop the brownie batter into the prepared pan, spreading it to the edges.
- Bake the brownies for 45 to 50 minutes, until the top is set; and a cake tester or toothpick inserted in the center comes out more or less clean. Remove the brownies from the oven and cool them for about 15 minutes before cutting. Once the brownies are cool, you can store at room temperature for several days or freeze them for longer storage.
I really enjoyed these. They are fudgy and very chocolatey which I think perfect brownie texture. You can also easily make them with plain wheat flour if you don’t need them to be gluten-free.
Leave a comment below, let me know if you enjoyed this recipe and do visit the Food section for more budget-friendly recipes.